A New Beginning!
Hey there friends!
Gosh it's been a hot second, hasn't it? Well...more like 3 years! 😲 Shall we have a little catch up? I'll try and make it quick!
Since we last hung out I have:
- Turned 26! Gosh I should probably be behaving more like an adult, huh? 😜.
- Developed tennis elbow, golfers elbow and carpel tunnel (which is why I wasn't blogging as I have been unable to knit!).
- Announced that the shop is closing down, which is very sad, but also the right thing to do.
So, to get us reacquainted, I thought I'd do the ULTIMATE Harry Potter tag that I saw Tessa Netting do a little while ago! I've popped her video down below if you fancy a watch!
- Favorite book? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, although I was super late to the party with this one and didn't read it until 2014 (please don't hate me!).
- Least favorite book? Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I know this is everyone's least favourite, I just don't find it as interesting as the others, although I did have the audio cassette tape of it when I was younger and used to listen to it every summer!
- Favorite movie? If we're just talking Harry Potter, then Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban BUT if it's the whole wizarding world, then it'd have to be Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald. I know a lot of people didn't like it, but I love it!
- Least favorite movie? Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets again, I just really hate giant spiders!
- Favorite quote? Not exactly quoteable, but this from Deathly Hallows is so beautiful it always makes me cry: "but they were not living, thought Harry: they were gone. The empty words could not disguise the fact that his parents’ mouldering remains lay beneath snow and stone, indifferent, unknowing. And tears came before he could stop them, boiling hot then instantly freezing on his face, and what was the point in wiping them off, or pretending? He let them fall, his lips pressed hard together, looking down at the thick snow hiding from his eyes the place where the last of Lily and James lay, bones now, surely, or dust, not knowing or caring that their living son stood so near, his heart still beating, alive because of their sacrifice and close to wishing, at this moment, that he was sleeping under the snow with them."
- Favorite Weasley? Ron!
- Favorite female character? Hermione.
- Favorite villain? Grindelwald...I'm just going to say it includes the whole wizarding world!
- Favorite male character? Newt.
- Favorite professor? Hagrid.
- A. Wash Snape's hair or B. Spend a day listening to Lockhart rant about himself. Yikes! I'd have to go with B.
- Duel A. An elated Bellatrix or B. An angry Molly. A every time. Molly would kick my butt!
- Travel to Hogwarts via A. Hogwarts Express or B. Flying car. Hogwarts Express all the wayyyy! I really don't like driving.
- A. Kiss Voldemort or B. give Umbridge a bubble bath. Oh Definitely A. Not going near that pink monstrosity.
- A. Ride a hippogriff or B. Ride a Firebolt. Definitely A, I feel I am wayyy too uncoordinated to be good at flying!
- Is there a character which you felt differently about in the movies vs books? Ginny. I know this is a lot of people's answer, but I felt she was so strong in the books, and the movies really seemed to let her down.
- Is there a movie you preferred instead of the book? Prisoner of Azkaban. It's fairly low in my list of favourite-least favourite in the books, but I just adored the film. Alfonso Cuarón just blew it out the park!
- Richard Harris or Michael Gambon as Dumbledore? Michael Gambon...although I've still not forgiven him for HARRYDIDYOUPUTYOURNAMEINTHEGOBLETOFFIRE
- Your top thing (person or event) which wasn't included in the movie that annoyed you most. #JusticeForPeeves
- If you could remake any of the Potter movies, which would it be? Goblet of Fire. I wish they'd included SPEW and Dobby, even if they had to split it into two films!
- Which house was your first gut feeling you'd be a part of? I always wanted to be a Gryffindor, but who didn't?!?
- Which house were you actually sorted into on Pottermore? Ravenclaw!
- Which class would be your favorite? Charms, definitely.
- Which spell do you think would be most useful to learn? Reparo!
- Which character at Hogwarts do you think you'd instantly become best friends with? Hermione and I would hang out in the library all the time!
- If you could own one of the three Hallows, which would it be? Invisibility cloak, hands down.
- Is there any aspect of the books you'd want to change? This can be a character, event, anything. Oh gosh that is SO difficult! I don't think so, I think they're perfect as they are!
- Favorite Marauder? Oh man, that's another tricky one! I think Lupin, although Sirius is a close second
- If you could bring one character back to life, which would it be? Dobby!
- Hallows or Horcruxes? Hallows, I don't want to have to kill people to make Horcruxes!!